Monday, September 8, 2008

Banana & Raisin Muffins


Remember our Play Dates, well this past Wednesday I was the host. It's great not just for the kids but for the mums too. I missed a few sessions since I was away & I had friends in town so I was excited to catch up with the rest of the mums.


I decided to bake something simple - muffins. Muffins were the first thing I ever baked & I was surprised at how good they turned out that very first time. This is perfect for anyone who is a virgin at baking. Trust me, it's fool proof.

I used bananas & raisins because I had some over ripe bananas sitting on the counter & raisins because I'm sure the kids would enjoy them but you just have to google & the internet will churn out a gazillion variations of muffins to give you some ideas.

Banana & Raisin muffins

250g flour
125g butter, melted
1 cup of sugar
1/2 packet of yeast
2-3 eggs
3 over ripe bananas
1/2 cup of milk
2 handfuls of raisins

1. Mix flour, sugar & yeast

2. Add in butter, mix well

3. Mashed the bananas & add that in

4. Finally add milk to get a smoother consistency

5. Pour into mould (only up to 3/4 allowing them to rise)

6. Bake in oven at 190C for 15-20 mins until they turn brown



Meet my little mixer - no batteries required. And I love my new mixing bowl from Ikea. It comes in a set of 3 different sizes...with covers so it's great for when I need to keep it in the fridge.


No comments: