Thursday, December 29, 2011

A magical garden

It doesn't seem right but I'm posting it anyway. I drafted this in December & only just realised I had not posted it. A few months late.

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season. We most certainly are. It's good to be back celebrating it with my family here in Singapore. On the other hand, I miss white Christmas (tropical Christmas just doesn't have the same feel about it), the oysters (a must for every year end celebration in France), the food (foie gras, charcuterie) & my French family.

Instead of jostling with the crowds along Orchard Road to see the Christmas lights, try doing it in Botanic Gardens. For the month of December, some 300 trees are lighted up in an event called Trees of the World. It's quiet, tranquil & just a little bit surreal. We had a picnic there one night & it was so much fun. It felt like our own private garden.


Nathaly's own creation
Wrapping paper for her Christmas present to me

No comments: