Sunday, February 7, 2010

Last Meals

I have a lot to blog about but I just haven't had time to sit down to organise my photos & thoughts. It's 2am I'm still awake so I thought I'd quickly post a couple of entries else you guys think this blog is dormant.

Last month while going to Esplanade, I came across an exhibit by Jonathan Kambouris entitled Last Meals. The artist cum photographer came across public records of what convicted felons had requested for as their last meals just before execution & decided to do a series of prints on it.

With a budget of $20, the requests range from justice & world peace to steak & fries.

Disturbing ? Fascinating ? Thought provoking ? You decide.

Ted Bundy, serial killer
Steak, eggs, hash brown, coffee

Stanley "Tookie" Williams, ganglord
Oatmeal & milk

Timothy McVeigh, Oklahoma bombing
2 pints mint chocolate chip ice cream

Victor Feguer, murderer
A single unpitted olive

2 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

I would say abolish the death penalty! And feed them black bean and rice everyday for the rest of their lives.

petite fleur said...

it's amazing how much we think alike