Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Alila Goa

Just when you think I'm done with Goa, there's more.

Based on past experiences, one of our top 3 criteria for choosing a hotel has always been the pool especially if we are with the little one. Given the condition of the beaches in Goa, I was so glad we didn't compromise on the pool.

The Alila Diwa in Goa has a spectacular pool. It overlooks the padi fields & strange as it may sound, there is something soothing about doing laps to the sound of buffalos in the background.


The Girl had a great time at the Kid's Club. I'm so making sure a kid's club is on the checklist when I next book a hotel.



After 2 nights, the hotel upgraded us to this ridiculously big suite that we kept getting lost in. Really. The many mirrors in the room were a little confusing.


The other highlight of the hotel is The Spice Studio. Chef Linda presents an array of delicious Goan dishes. We were delighted when we found out she conducts cooking classes in her open kitchen & promptly signed up for it.

Feni Cashew is an Indian liquor made from cashew apple. Drink it neat or use it for cocktail. Very interesting aftertaste.






I don't know when I'm going to have the time to prepare the dishes but my faves are chicken cafreal & lamb xacuti. I have the recipes from Chef Linda & don't hold your breath, but I'm sure I'll get to them one day.

No comments: