Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jurong Bird Park

I have not stepped into the Bird Park in over 30 years so I was really excited to go after all that time. Oddly enough this did not come into my radar until recently. Once again, we made use of our trusty Singapore Pass to get a discount (fyi there's a new one for this year).

The next time we go, I'd probably skip the monorail. It didn't add much to our experience in the park.


When we arrived, one of the shows was about to start in 15 mins. We didn't want to miss the show but neither did we want to sit around & wait. We must have looked like we needed help cos one of the park rangers kindly came over & suggested that we checked out the African Wetlands & still be in time for the show.



The Park had a Latin Fiesta theme then. There were street carnival & capoeira performances - we caught the tail end of the carnival but I was a little disappointed that we missed the capoeira.

I think flamingoes are such elegant creatures

Birds n Buddies Show


There is a reason the Lory Loft is award winning. We had so much fun there.


Make sure you buy a cup of fruit nectar which costs $3 & have a blast feeding the birds. These lories are not shy so don't be surprised if one suddenly fly up to your cup. Well one of them did - X got caught off guard & promptly poured his cup all over The Girl which had her complaining the rest of the time that she smelt of bird food. LOL.








For those who don't know, these are my favorite. Penguins. I have such a soft spot for them. There's something adorable about these waddling birds. I once took a boat trip in Patagonia & saw thousands of magellan penguins in the wild. I was so in love.

Can't wait to go back to the Bird Park again.

2 comments:

Ivana said...

I just love fairy penguins. If you are ever in Victoria, Australia, go down to Philip Island. They are the cutest little things.

petite fleur said...

I think penguins, as a species are just adorable.