Monday, July 11, 2011

Tree top Walk MacRitchie

This is by far the most challenging of the walks we had done so far. Definitely not a flip flop type walk. I had put off going there when the Girl was younger even though I've heard really good reviews. From MacRitchie it's a 4.5km to the entrance of the Tree Top Walk making it 9km round trip - not your stroll in the park.

But I figured she's ready now & just in case, I roped in my nephew. So together with my brother, his family & us, we decided to do the Trail which ended up being 12km.

From MacRitchie Reservoir, head towards the canoeing sheds. Past that & the trail to the Tree Top Walk starts from there. If you want less of walk, there is another entrance from the carpark @ Venus Drive.

I always get excited when I find mushrooms
Can't help it

Water Storage Facility


The Tree Top Walk is only 250m & closed at 5pm so if you're going in the afternoon, make sure you factor that in. Another point to note is that it goes 1 direction only so make sure you enter from the entrance.


It's pretty awesome even tho it's only 250m
We're about 20 m off ground



Most of the trail is well paved unlike what I remember of the mud paths in the past



The last part of our walk

The beautifully manicured lawns of the golf course

My nephew's scooter
Not a good idea tho, my brother ended up carrying it most of the way. It would have been a nice shot if not for the green towel hanging on it, ah well. Despite the distance, the kids did pretty well.

It is beautiful


Water monitor lizard
(I believe that's what they are called
sorry I'm not much of a nature guide)


No comments: