Coconut macaroons are more like little coconut bites rather than cookies.
I made them at our last playgroup & they were a big hit with the young & old. If you don't like coconuts, you can substitute with almond powder.
makes about 30
180g desiccated coconut
1 packet vanilla powder
3 egg whites
1. Mix dessicated coconut, vanilla powder & sugar
2. Beat the egg whites till stiff then add to coconut mixture
3. Place wax paper on oven tray
4. Form little balls & place on oven tray tray
5. Bake at 190C for 10-15 minutes until brown - check often to make sure you don't burn them