Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bonne Annee

Albeit a little mellow, we had a wonderful New Year celebration. How could we not when there were good food, good wine & good friends ?

Here they are again, the Usual Suspects


Foie Gras with Fig Jam

Les Huitres - Oysters with red wine vinegar & shallot sauce


Scallops & Lobster


Champagne

I'm not one for resolutions cos I always end up breaking them so after a while, I don't even bother any more. But recently several issues have been bothering me so I've decided to make a list this year. I figured if I were to blog about it, I would be more motivated to try to stick to it.

1. Eat healthy
We hardly eat out so I suppose we are already eating healthier. Which means in our case, it would also translate to cooking healthy as well. But there's a lot more to talk about so I will do a separate post about this.

2. Start speaking Chinese to The Girl
This is something that I've been meaning to do & I know the sooner I start, the easier it would be for her. So one of my goals this year is to make sure I start teaching her to speak Mandarin & to let her appreciate her Chinese roots.

3. Make time for the family
Being a SAHM, you would think that's all I do but I'm not talking about chores, cooking or even going to The Site. I want to take time to do things as a family like this. I want to stop saying "wait a minute" to The Girl whenever she wants to play with me. I want to have more couple time with X.

So instead of waiting till the end of the year, I'm going to do a review after 3 months to see how I'm doing with these resolutions.

Happy New Year & here's wishing you joy, happiness & health for 2009.

2 comments:

eunice said...

Like you, I've stopped making resolutions cos I never keep them (mine has always to do with exercising more or eating less).I too have told myself to encourage Sean in Chinese as his is really bad. At least for you you know for sure you won't be sending her back to Sin to study. If we ever have to go back (touch wood), Sean will suffer with his Chinese.

petite fleur said...

I've kept my list short so hopefully it would be easier to keep to it. I actually prefer to speak to her in Cantonese but it makes more sense to be Mandarin. I guess I do need to practise my Mandarin too before it gets too rusty.