Wednesday, December 30, 2009

That's why this blog is called rojak rendezvous

After our Christmas meals of the East & West, X prepared a Christmas meal that was a little bit of both. Yet another Christmas meal, you may ask ? 'Tis the season for feasting & there are 12 days of Christmas.

There's a story behind this. We got duped. The wrapping said turkey & shaped to look like a whole bird. But when we got home, we were surprised to see that *it* was a bunch of turkey breast fillets shaped to look like a turkey. If it were me, I would have made my way back to the store, returned it or purchased a proper one.
X would have none of that & promptly made a sort of turkey roulade stuffed with glutinous rice & a sliver of foie gras (you can see it if you look closely enough). The foie gras was a Christmas gift from his parents.

It was so popular I requested he made more.


It's a little east meets west so that's what I call a rojak rendezvous special.

2 comments:

Lilian said...

Wah, where's this place that does such a big con-job? I would definitely have stomped to the shop and demanded my money back too. X is a genius lah, you lucky woman you :) Me want foie gras too...

petite fleur said...

That place is now blacklisted. I was so furious but it was really too late to go buy another bird. Glad he was able to make the best of it. Come over lah, we have plenty of foie gras. When are you in Singapore ?