Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mee goreng

X caught something in Vietnam so he has been in bed ever since we got back. I'm praying hard for him to recover, just so I can get my fix of mee goreng (selfish of me of course). After all the poor man missed the Earth Wind & Fire concert last night because he wasn't feeling well. I should be home nursing him back to health but you know this is the band that has THE song that would ALWAYS get me to the dance floor.

Quite a few people have asked for this & I'm surprised I haven't posted it. Since he's too weak to protest, I'm sharing his mee goreng recipe here.

Mee Goreng
serves 4-6

Ingredients

Squid 500g
Shrimp 10-15
Half an Onion, diced
Green vegetables & beansprouts
Chilli paste (depending on how spicy you want it)
Garlic, diced
Fresh Noodles 1 kg
Curry leaves 4-6

1. Cut seafood into bite sizes

2. Using a wok , first fry the squid & shrimp until cooked

3. Add onions, garlic & chilli paste

4. Next add the vegetables & curry leaves. Water if necessary ( half a glass )

5. Finally add the noodles and fry for 5 minutes

6. Season with a bit of soya sauce & salt


1 comment:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Haha thanks for sharing his recipe. Now he can get better LOL.