Friday, March 28, 2008

Ying Yang chocolate mousse


Mousse aux deux chocolats

My friend Martha asked if I had a recipe for chocolate mousse & it was the prefect excuse to try out this recipe. I have never attempted chocolate mousse before & instead of just doing the regular one, I decided to do this. Why walk when you can jump.

I thought I did a pretty decent job considering it's my first attempt. Of course I still have to wait for the Chef to give his final approval.

Ying yang chocolate mousse (makes 4 portions)
(I just made that up - sounds so much nicer than saying 2 chocolate mousse)

150 g dark chocolate
100 g white chocolate
3 eggs
20cl cream
20g sugar
a pinch of salt

1. Separate the whites & yolks. We will need 3 whites & only 2 yolks
2. Break the white chocolate into small pieces. Heat 5cl of cream. Remove once it starts to boil. Then add in the white chocolate. Stir & let it melt with the cream. Then add in the egg yolk & mix thoroughly. Set aside in a big bowl.
3. Do the same with 125g of dark chocolate & set aside in another bowl. Keep the 25g for later.
4. Whisk the 3 egg whites till stiff. Add a pinch of salt. Add the sugar as you whisk. Once done, fold in the dark chocolate.
5. Divide the mixture into 4 glasses. Leave in the fridge for 30 mins
6. Whisk the cream till it turns "moussey". Then add to the white chocolate mixture. Pour this into the glass of chocolate mousse. Leave in the fridge for 4 hours.
7. Serve chill. Grate the remaining dark chocolate & sprinkle on top.




No comments: