Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Teriyaki Pork Chop with linguine

Being away from home & away from food that I crave for, I make do with substitutes or learn to make my own. This has turned out to be a good thing cos very often I've found that it's not as difficult as it seems.

This is one of those examples. If I were back in Singapore, I'd probably be buying expensive bottles of teriyaki sauce or maybe why bother, just hop into any of the many Japanese restaurants & order this.

But teriyaki sauce is really easy to do it yourself. I usually do this with deboned chicken leg but since I had some pork chops in the freezer, I decided to use those up instead. For a change instead of serving it with rice, why not change it up & serve it with pasta. You know I like to walk on the wild side.....

Teriyaki Pork Chop with Linguine

For the sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup mirin
2 Tbsp sugar

4 pork chops
linguine

1. Put all the ingredients of the sauce in a small pan, bring to a boil then simmer

2. Take 2 Tbsp to marinate the pork chops & set aside for half an hour

3. Fry the pork chops in medium heat until done

4. Turn up the heat & pour the rest of the sauce into the pan. It should start to carmelise. Coat the pork chops with the sauce

5. When done, sprinkle sesame seeds & serve over linguine



1 comment:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Mmm looks nice sweet and yummy.

Know what you mean about having to make-your-own, no choice when we're living overseas.