Saturday, March 7, 2009

Market Day

Saturday morning is market day at Aubenas. Folks from all around flock there to do their groceries. In the summer, with the onslaught of the tourists, you need to be there really early else it's impossible to find parking & shopping is no fun cos you end up jostling with the crowd.

I love going to the markets esp fresh food markets & in France, it is always a delight. There are of course stalls selling clothes, knick knacks, toys, shoes etc but what I love is the selection of fresh produce from the local farmers. So during the off season, whenever I have time, I like to just go & browse.



Even though it's a market, everything is generally well presented. (Moo I need to get your this cow print table cloth)


I love these dried sausages
Remove the skin, slice them & eat them for apero
Here's a selection of sausages
with duck, wild boar, mushrooms or black pepper

What's a market without flowers
I almost never leave with buying a bouquet home


My favorites are the ones stuffed with anchovies
but sadly there weren't any


They smell so good
Everytime I'm there, I tell myself one of these days
I have to buy one


2 comments:

eunice said...

I love the cow table cloth that was used to display the cheese.

monlim said...

Wah, the pics of the cheese and bread are just mouth-watering!! mmmm.....