Monday, November 30, 2009

Wandering City Hall @ Singapore Design Festival

I must have gone past this building a million times but never had the opportunity to go inside. If you haven't either, care to join me on a tour of the inside ?


The main staircase
specially decked out as part of the Design Festival


The beautiful columns


The view of the Esplanade from inside


I didn't realise there was a big courtyard within the building


Part of an interesting collection of
Uniquely Singapore Souvenirs
- the Custom Stamp


I couldn't control a chuckle. If you cannot read the sign, it's
The Singapore Sock Coffee Maker



V is for Vase
what a vase is or is not


Is this a painting or a photo ?
by Charlie Lim


What used to be a courtroom
converted into a gallery


Another beautiful space


Drawings of Carlo Scarpa
an Italian architect





All these a part of the "kawaii" character design & animation

2 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

There are things to do and visit in Singapore when you start looking for them :-). I have enjoyed your postings about our little island since you returned home. Especially the lovely photos.

petite fleur said...

There are. There are. I think things have improved a lot in recent years. I don't remember it being so happening before. Well when you are next in town, we can do some of these together.