Thursday, June 12, 2008

Crab Meat Noodles


When I first came across this recipe at Rasa Malaysia, I love how it reminded me of Chinese wedding banquets. And for anyone who has attended one, you'll know it's a sit down dinner of at least 2 hours with course after course of Chinese food. I used to complain about how long the meal would take but now that I live in France where pre-dinner drinks start at 7pm & the wedding cake only gets cut at 3am - 2 hours is a breeze.

Her recipe actually calls for imitation shark's fin but since getting that is close to impossible here, I substituted with glass noodles instead. It is absolutely delicious & I've made this many times since. And again last week but X asked "why haven't you been making this more often for me ?" Oops maybe I made this when he wasn't around.


Crab Meat Noodles
source Rasa Malaysia
serves 4

6 eggs
1 cup imitation shark's fin (glass noodles - soaked in hot water till soft)
1 cup noodles
Chinese cabbage - thinly sliced
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp shaoxing wine
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp sugar
pepper
spring onions, chopped (optional as garnish)

1. Beat eggs then add seasonings, noodles & sliced cabbage. Mix well

2. Fry crab meat then pour egg & noodle mixture into the wok

3. Fry till eggs are cooked but make sure not to over cook the eggs

4. Toss in chopped spring onions

No comments: