Stir Fried Ramen with BeefI love noodles & this is one of my favorite ways to do them at home. It's so versatile, you can use whatever you have available - just mix & match from the following.
Meat - Beef fillet or chicken breasts or minced pork
Vegetables - green pepper (I use this when it's beef), cabbage, carrots, snow peas, broccoli, bamboo shoots
Noodles - egg noodles, ramen or even spaghetti if you can't find any chinese noodles
Sauce - black soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, black bean sauce (use this with beef or minced pork, doesn't go well with chicken), chilli sauce
So let's start
1. Cook selected type of noodles as per instructions. Once done, set aside
2. Pick one meat - if beef or chicken, cut into strips. Fry, when done, remove from wok
3. PIck as many vegetables as you can find cos I love my noodles with lots of veggies. Cut into bite size or sliced thinly. Fry 3-4 cloves of diced garlic then add vegetables. Fry till soft. Add a little water if necessary.
4. Add the meat back to the veggies & now add the sauce. This is just an approximation. Feel free to adjust according to how you like it
1-2 Tbsp black soy sauce
2-3 Tbsp oyster sauce
2-3 Tbsp fish sauce / soy sauce
1 Tbsp black bean sauce (optional)
1 Tbsp chilli sauce (if you like it spicy or you can serve this on the side)
salt to taste
5. Throw in your noodles & give it a quick stir around the wok making sure all the ingredients are well mixed together. Ready to serve.
Other possible additions to the noodles - tofu (cut into bite size & fried till brown), char siew (sliced), chinese sausage (sliced), egg omelette (cut into strips).