Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday Lunch at Gras

Yesterday we spent the day at X sister's summer house in Gras, a tiny village of 380 inhabitants. I love going there this time of the year cos that area is full of vinyeards & lavender fields & it smells wonderful as you drive across.

I was delighted to see that JM, her husband has set up a little vegetable garden. Not a very big one but it has tomatoes, aubergines, zucchinis, strawberries, lettuce & parsley, which is more than enough for them for the summer. Most French people, as long as they have a little garden, would grow their own vegetables. I was looking at his garden enviously cos I can't wait to set up my own too.

Lunch was a simple affair with pizza from JM (if you remember he makes awesome pizzas), a light salad & beef skewers over BBQ. After lunch, the men watched F1 while the women lounged by the pool keeping an eye on the kids.

That's my idea of a wonderful Sunday afternoon.








No comments: