Saturday, August 29, 2009

Satay by the Bay

All thanks to my BFF, I found out about this event last weekend, Satay by the Bay.

The email flyer sounded really interesting. Gourmet satays, movie screening, live bands & with proceeds going to charity. So we made a date to head over to the Fullerton area last Sunday.



A mini break @ Jing for a martini & a cuba libre


There weren't many stalls. I searched high & low but couldn't find the stalls selling wagyu beef nor Kurobuta & the only seafood on skewers were prawns. Hmm..

My mother knows my soft spot for otahs & whenever I was home, she would stock on these. I eat them with rice, with bread, for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack.

This was our favorite. A platter of prata wrap, onion fritters & samosas which came with a delicious mint sauce.


We had to sample the satays, of course

We later found out that the Indian food that we had enjoyed came from Shalimar Palace, making a mental note to check out the restaurant another time.


3 comments:

foodbin said...

otak2 with bread-very sinful indeed!

BeLive said...

wow, love your blog on Singapore...
any plans to head back to France? Miss your country living :)

petite fleur said...

foodbin - i can't get enough of it

BeLive - we just moved here so i don't know when we will be heading back to France yet but you never know