Thursday, July 30, 2009

Orgo's amazing cocktails

Me & my cocktails. What can I say. Knowing that fact, all my friends have been telling me about the rooftop bar at Esplanade that has a Japanese mixologist (that's what they are calling them nowadays). Of course, I had to check it out.

So after our show, we hung around the Esplanade till they opened at 5pm. When you have a 4 year old on tow, you have to start the party early. So of course we were the only ones there & it gave me the opportunity to nose around & snap away. I love the open concept & even tho there are private rooms, they are like glass cubes on the terrace.

I'm sure it would be real pretty at night.


That aside, I got down to the business of ordering my martini. OMG the selection ! I couldn't decide - pomelo & basil, dragon fruit & vanilla, apple & shiso - such exciting combinations. I decided to place my faith in Fazlie, my server aka Mr Smooth Operator (I swear that's what his name card says) for his recommendation.

Strangely enough, the bar is tucked away so I didn't get to see Mr Tomoyuki Kitazoe work his magic.


So here it is - a soursop & calamansi martini.

Absolutely delicious ! A good cocktail when it's done well, hhmm.


I can't wait to go back again to try out the rest. Wanna join me ?




No comments: