Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Flowers & Herbs


My little herb garden

I've been waiting for the weather to be warm enough to do this. Every year in spring, we would go to the Garden Centre to get a selection of flowers & herbs & start planting - the saplings not the seeds. I don't exactly have green fingers so I'd be lucky if the plants don't die on me, don't expect me to grow them from seeds.

Unfortunately our garden is not quite ready, in fact the outside of the house is not quite ready yet so I just have to content with planting flowers on the terrace. But X cleared out a part of the garden to grow some herbs & I was delighted - I always like to have these handy - parsley, basil, mint & thyme. Maybe if I sweet talk him enough, he might clear another part of the garden to plant some vegetables. I really miss the little vegetable garden that I had before.


3 comments:

East Meets West Kitchen said...

Beautiful! You have an earlier start on gardening than me as we still get frosty nights here. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Anonymous said...

good luck on your future garden!

Arlene,
Gig Harbor florist

petite fleur said...

Thank you both for dropping by too.

I sure hope I didn't jump the gun cos I already have a few people tell me that it's a little too early. I was impatient & wanted to start growing my herbs.