Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What to do with left over duck ? Part 1

After our lunch yesterday, I realised that we have 2 and a half fillets of magret de canard left. Not that nobody ate theirs, in fact everybody finished their food, but rather X prepared too much. He is a chef, he should know better.

So now I'm left with a lot duck & wondering what to do with them. Then a light bulb moment came when I remembered reading Lotus' post on Thai red curry with magret de canard sometime back. (Eunice, I know, I'm cooking Thai again)

What a great way to use up the left over duck !......and vegetables. I just used whatever I had in the fridge. I also added several pieces of pineapple (you know how much I love having them in food now) & it really goes well with the curry.


Thai Red Duck Curry

Roast Duck, sliced
4 Tbsp red curry paste
1 can coconut milk
choice of vegetables, diced (I used tomatoes, bamboo shoots, aubergines & green beans)
7-8 bite size pieces of pineapple
fish sauce
sugar


1. Fry the red curry paste in a little bit of oil until the flavours are released. Then add 1/4 can of coconut milk. Stirring to dissolve the curry paste.

2. Then add the vegetables & the rest of the coconut milk. Bring to a boil & then simmer until the vegetables are soft. Add fish sauce & sugar to taste.

3. Add roast duck & pineapple at the end.


No comments: