Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spicy Sichuan Noodles



I love noodles. I can eat them every day of the week. Doesn't matter if they are Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese or Chinese, I love them all.

This spicy sichuan noodles is one of our family favorite. I got this recipe from chubby hubby but can't seem to find the link to it anymore. The sauce is delicious & X even poured it over his stir fried vegetables. I can't find sesame paste here but I do have tahini. Chubby hubby recommends using peanut butter as a last resort although I've not tried that yet. In any case, don't leave out the sesame paste cos it's what makes the sauce. I love sichuan peppercorns & usually put a lot more than 1 Tbsp over my noodles.


Spicy Sichuan Noodles
serves 4-6
taken from Chubby Hubby

250g minced pork marinate in 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
3 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
5 Tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
3 Tbsp sesame paste / tahini paste / peanut butter (last resort)
2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp chilli oil

2 tsp salt
225 ml chicken stock
350g noodles
1 Tbsp sichuan peppercorns, roasted & grounded (or more)

1. Fry meat till crispy over high heat. Set aside to drain with kitchen towel

2. Fry garlic, ginger & spring onions till soft

3. Add sesame paste, soy sauce, chilli oil, salt & chicken stock. Boil then simmer for 4 mins

4. Cook the noodles then divide into bowls, ladle the sauce, garnish with meat & roasted peppercorns.

I accompanied the noodles with an easy peasy stir fried vegetables - broccoli, carrots, black fungus, bamboo shoots fried together with garlic, oyster sauce & fish sauce.


Stir fried vegetables




No comments: