Friday, May 16, 2008

Pont D'Arc


Pont d'Arc taken 4 years ago when I first arrived


Another view of the Pont d'Arc taken 2 days ago

The Pont d'Arc is the most famous landmark in Ardeche. You see it in all the travel brochures & literature. It typifies the landscape of the region - wild & rugged. It's a natural limestone "bridge" created by erosion & the elements, spanning across the river Ardeche.

It's a must see for any visitors here & no matter how many times I've seen it, it never fails to take my breath away.

In the summer, the river is full of kayaks & the river bank full of sun bathers & swimmers. Canoeing & white water rafting is the 2 most popular spots. For those who may not know this, I used to represent my JC in canoeing so it's rather pathetic that I've not canoed in these parts yet. But I definitely want to, some day.


No comments: