Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Birds - the saga continues

Remember in May when I mentioned that the sparrows are trying to build a nest on our terrace. Well I've been diligently trying to keep them away but then we went away for a week in Cannes & I came home to discover this


The mother bird already sitting on a well formed nest

I knew there was nothing I could do. They got a nest fully formed & she was already getting ready to lay her eggs. Sigh. I guess I have to let them be. Don't worry Mama Sparrow you can go ahead & make your babies in peace.

Then this morning, we found this on the terrace


The eggs must have hatched & the babies are out. I was so excited that I'd forgotten how messy they are going to be & how much work it is to clean up after them. Until then, The Girl & I are eagerly eyeing the nest hoping to catch a glimpse of the babies.


No comments: