Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Craving for Cookies


Phew boy am I glad I got all the Cannes posts out of the way. Another reason you haven't seen any food posts is that I haven't gotten my cooking mojo back - I'm still on vacation mode - hard to switch off after spending a week by the sea. Not for long I hope. I do miss writing about food. Anyway to ease me back into cooking, The Girl asked to make cookies - it has been a while since we last made them so I said, why not.


She loves making them - kneading the dough, cutting the shapes & sprinkling the toppings. For this, I always use a simple cookie recipe that is quick & easy.

Quick & Easy Cookies
makes an oven tray full of cookies

120g fluor
1 tsp baking powder
50g butter, soft
50g sugar
1 egg
vanilla powder

1. Mix flour, baking powder & butter well with fingers

2. Add sugar, egg & vanilla powder

3. Mix until dough is stiff. If too soft, then put it in the fridge for 30 mins

4. Knead & roll out (this dough is a little soft anyway so just make sure you flour the surface & rolling pin generously) before cutting

5. Add chocolate chips & sprinkles before baking

6. Bake 180C until slightly brown. Around 15-17 mins





No comments: