Thursday, July 24, 2008

Zucchini stuffed with Brandade de Morue

"Don't buy any zucchinis" ordered Rene. His garden is absolutely brimming with them now as anybody who tried growing them would know. So you are going to be seeing a lot of zucchini recipes as we try to use up his bounty.

This recipe comes from J. She uses brandade de morue as a spread on the zucchinis. I have never heard of brandade de morue until I came to France. It is a fish cream or puree & in this case of salted cod. You could probably make it yourself but I usually buy it ready made in a bottle.


Since I've never seen them outside of France, I can't really tell you if they are available anywhere else. But let me know if you do, okay ?


Zucchinis stuffed with Brandade de Morue

3-4 zucchinis
1 bottle of brandade de morue

olive oil

bread crumbs


1. Slice the zucchinis in half lengthwise & scrape off the centre pulp.

2. Fry it in the pan with olive oil until they are slightly soft.

3. Remove from pan & place on an oven tray. Spread the brandade generously into the zucchinis & top off with bread crumbs.


4. Bake in the oven at 190C for 30-45 mins until the crumbs turn golden brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of eating the salted cod in this way. I tried it for the first time a few months ago. My dipping 'implements' were young celery stalks and radishes. It was so delicious.

petite fleur said...

Syrie - I love doing my zucchinis this way. Do you make your own brandade ?