Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Simple Japanese Salmon Soup


This is one of my go to meals when I'm feeling too lazy to cook anything elaborate. It's quick, simple, delicious & nutritious. One of The Girl's favorite too. I had some salmon leftover after I made sushi the other day & so I turned it onto soup.

I love to eat this with rice. Take a spoonful of rice, get some soup into the spoon & just slurp it up. Or do what I do sometimes, pour the soup into my rice & make it rice soup.


Simple Japanese Salmon Soup

Salmon skin removed & cut into cubes
Chinese cabbage, sliced
tofu, cut into cubes
half onion, sliced
1 tbsp of wakame seaweed
1-2 tbsp of daishi powder

1. Boil the chinese cabbage, onion & tofu in water with daishi powder

2. When cabbage is soft, throw in the salmon cubes

3. When salmon is cooked which is about 1 min, throw in wakame seaweed. It would expand as the soup simmers. Don't simmer for too long else the wakame would turn yellowish - just about 3 mins or so

4. Serve hot with bowl of rice on the side

2 comments:

bACk in GERMANY said...

Yummy... I'm a soup girl! Unfortunately for me, not so much for my whole family. Or at least 50% don't fancy soup, while the other 25% is frivolous (my girl) with food.

This is so good on a grey and rainy like this one!

petite fleur said...

If you like this, you'll like the one I'll be featuring soon (if I can get a good picture of it, we eat it so often but for some reason, I just never seem to be able to get a good picture).