Monday, July 21, 2008

Mango & Peach Sorbet

Even tho I've been churning tubs & tubs of ice cream, I have yet to do any sorbets. The heat has finally fueled my need to make some sorbets. I started with a simple peach flavor but it wasn't documented cos it disappeared so fast. The Girl has clearly forgotten about her favorite green tea ice cream & now pledge allegiance to sorbets. Not that I blame her.

For the next round, I wanted to mix things up a little. I had a mango in the fridge so I decided to do a Mango & Peach Sorbet. Love the combination. Refreshing. Flavorful. Now go make some too.


Mango & Peach Sorbet

1 ripe mango, remove skin, seed & diced
7-8 peaches, remove skin, seed & diced
juice from 1 lemon
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup sugar cane syrup


1. Add the sugar, syrup & lemon juice to the fruits

2. Puree the whole lot

3. Pour into ice cream maker as per manufacturer's instructions

4. Then chill over night

5. When sorbet is all gone, repeat process


I was recently given a crate of nectarines (which are basically peaches with smooth skin). You know what I'm going to be doing with them.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice pict of Girl...

petite fleur said...

Thanks....I usually can take good pictures of her when she allows me to. She's not a very willing subject.